As I’m hurtling towards the bright, blinding exit light that is my 20’s; I feel like I should be having a meltdown as middle age looms ever closer. So I decided to do a thing… it’s called a “kicking the 30 bucket” list which is snappier then :
13 things to do by the time I’m done with being 30 (so by the age of 30 years and 364 days old).
Cue the theme tune!
So they are:
- Start my motorcycle Direct Access license,
- a) Eat a three course dessert in a restaurant and b) Dessert first (then starter / main whichever takes my fancy),
- Christmas in a cabin surrounded by snow,
- Start a business,
- a) Star gazing and b) Sleep under the stars,
- Go on a carousel,
- Give up meat for 21 days in a row (I know, crazy!),
- a) Spend the whole day in the cinema (3 films-ish) and b) Film marathons of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit,
- Legally drive a car,
- Watch: a) a football match, b) a rugby match, c) a British Super Bikes race, and c) a motoGP race.
- Do a portrait of someone,
- Sleep in a hammock, and
- Go to the Shard in London.
So, I best get started…
Oh wait! You’re wondering why 13 things and not 30? Well, I thought about the things I want to do, and it got pretty expensive. Also, I’m about to turn 29 in a couple of days so that leaves me 365 days, which doesn’t leave a lot of time when I will be working 250-odd days and planning to sleep. So I figured that 30 wasn’t really that scary, 31 was far scarier! Surely now you can see why I picked 13 things? ;)
Image found here: twenty20something.wordpress.com/2014/12/19/30-things-every-woman-should-know-by-her-30th-birthday/